Inclusion at the JP Manning Elementary School
- Inclusion at the Manning is when regular and special education students come together to learn together.
- The goal for every student is academic and social emotional success.
- We believe inclusionary practices are a critical strategy in accomplishing the above goal.
- All children can and want to succeed at high levels.
- There are more opportunities for excellence when every voice is included and supported.
- Students learn from each other.
- All children can succeed in an inclusion setting; some need different supports than others.
- Inclusion offers powerful opportunities for academic, social and emotional growth for every student.
- Families play the fundamental role in the student’s life.
- Every member of our community plays a role in making the Manning School education a success.
- We welcome all children.
- We build on student success.
- We work diligently to help each child to feel connected to our community.
- We challenge current standards of delivering instruction and create new ways to meet our students’ needs.
- We acknowledge our differences as strengths and support each member of our community in growing to their fullest potential.
- We recognize the power of language and use it thoughtfully and deliberately.
- In our small community, we utilize relationships and our ability to know each child individually to help us support them to success.
- We work with the family to achieve our collective goals through communication and collaboration.